“And above all,
watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you,
because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places.
Those who don't believe in magic will never find it.”
― Roald Dahl





Sunday, July 28, 2013

Halloween Inspiration

It all started with a cake decoration I saved from last Halloween.
I lost/misplaced it for about eight months...you know how that is right?
It turned up recently...on Wednesday to be exact.


 I think it looks a bit like the Addams family house. 


 Anyhow, I was inspired to make something Halloween-ish.
(or Addams Family-ish)

I recently got an amazing package of goodies in the mail
from the lovely Lisa Kettell
Included in this package was baby Bailey:



and Lil Brownie:


I gave them make-overs to look like Wednesday and Pugsley.
 They're glued onto a cardboard house that I added
the sign and stickers to.




Before I painted them,  I looked at a few sites
that had information and photos of the Addams family...
 this was a portrait on the wall in their house:
Someone said he might be an family ancestor.


Well I just happened to have a plastic giraffe on my desk:)
 I wonder what his name is?

Isn't it funny?
Those little things that will inspire someone...

Well, It's six in the morning and I haven't slept yet, so I'm off to bed now.
I hope you find some spooky inspiration for yourself today....
  
Only 95 days until Halloween!!!!

Goodnight/good-morning!


6 comments:

  1. you are darling....only 95 days. I'm with you, I can hardly wait. I began "the makings" yesterday. Well actually as I look at my work space....I never stopped from last year. The grands asked if we were dressing up for "Le Mysterieux" again. I said I would ask....so are we? No pressure just asking. They enjoyed being in another fantasy world once more. They're just players of fun, that's all. Have a great Sunday. Oma Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun you're having! It's such a neat holiday to craft for! Enjoy your week my friend! Sweet hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I started Halloween making a few weeks ago. Anything to take my mind off this heat and humidity!! Now it feels like I've got more ideas than time. Love it though. One of the most frustrating feelings is lethargy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like where my star catcher is going too
    so its really wonderful when someone else
    feels the same!

    That Giraffe....is so very Fab Boo!!!!

    Happy Tuesday to you xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woo-hoo! 95 days! I love your sweet Wednesday and Pugsley,and that giraffe is perfect. You did a wonderful job on all of these sweetie. Have a beautiful week, my friend. Mina

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great Addams children creation - love it!
    I have missed several of your posts for some reason. I thought I had you on my reading list, but apparently not. Will fix it immediately :)

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your comment, I really appreciate it:)